October 28, 2017 THE MEN ARENA ATTACK AND BONFIRE NIGHT: Why trauma is more than a psychological issue Catherine Knibbs I will be using words in this blog that may be read by people who may have a "moment of remembering" upon reading these words so...read more
September 16, 2017 DITTO Article September 2017 - fear from the media and critical thinking.Catherine Knibbs This article has appeared in the quarterly DITTO e-safety magazine which you can access through Alan Mcenzie's page via my links page or by...read more
September 5, 2017 Holiday images: Its like the last six weeks haven't happened? So the last two days, in terms of e-safety, have centred around back to school photographs of children. There have been media posts and many of my social media feeds have...read more
June 30, 2017 Mind reading and sharing on social media. The potential for misuse.Catherine Knibbs Once upon a time… When we existed as a simple cavemen we had simple brains that perhaps had simple thoughts and consciousness. Language may not have...read more
January 7, 2017 #Livestreaming and the potential for vicarious trauma. A young girls suicide. What next? This blog may contain distressing and possibly traumatising material. There are no pictures or videos, just words to minimise vicarious trauma, however the content...read more
December 31, 2016 Forces: digital banter or future safety & employability? Forces banter is like no other (Mostly). I'm not entirely sure that many 'civvies' will ever truly understand the nature of this connection, respect and humour which from...read more
December 28, 2016 2016....The year we blamed 'a year' for our existential angst. 2016 the year that was .... Pretty normal to be honest. It's just social media that convinced us otherwise. There have been some strange occurrences happening online...read more
Counsellors, Psychotherapists and the Internet. Devices, Ethics, Social Media and the Therapeutic Space. Have you really thought this through?
September 27, 2016 Counsellors, Psychotherapists and the Internet. Devices, Ethics, Social Media and the Therapeutic Space. Have you really thought this through? Catherine 'Nibzy" Knibbs There are many approaches and guidelines around how to use...read more
June 2, 2016 Why are counsellors scared of Cybertrauma? What is Cybertrauma and why does it seem so scary? Why are counsellors currently turing a blind eye to an issue that is only going to increase? Why is this not a compulsory part of all courses...read more
Read my in-depth Medium Articles:
- Do most ‘biohackers’ have Trauma?
- The innocent casualty of the porn industry; Child abuse of the developing baby.
- Cybertrauma: Uncomfortable content warning.
- Enders- why childhood trauma could be the end of us all, literally.
- Functional Health and Psychotherapy- why physical issues ought to be in a therapy practice in more…
- When your clinical practice moves you out of alignment with a hero’s teachings.
- Is computer gaming FLOW rather than the pathologies and disorders we hand out like candy?
- Why every psychotherapist and counsellor will encounter cybertrauma soon enough.
- The polyvagal portal to the Matrix: How Interpersonal Neurobiology underpins your connection to the…
Sign up to the newsletter
Receive Cyber Trauma news directly in your inbox.
Sign Up today – Complete the form to subscribe >
Ask me questions about Cyber Trauma or contact me to speak at your event.